Every business has an accounting period. It is best to always have a month end accounting period even for a sole trader.
There are 2 places on Kashflow you can find where to set up the accounting period.
1. In settings, in the "Your Account" section under the "Company Details" Icon.
2. On the left hand side of the page below the "help" icon, the name the account is set up with has its own Icon - this is the "Company Details" page too.
THIS PAGE IS VERY IMPORTANT
Here you can
1. Update the business address
2. Change or set the Default Payment Terms
3. Choose the Date Format
4. Set the Home Currency and decide how you want the currency Symbol to be positioned.
5. Confirm if the business is VAT registered and add the VAT registration number
6. Set the Accounting Period.
Setting the Accounting Period
Click on the "Manage" Icon and this will take you to a page where you just need to add the date of last day of the previous accounting period.
By doing this, Kashflow will now give you additional reporting options, which includes reports for the "previous" or "current" accounting period. .